The Tenth Amendment: Do States Still Matter?
Friday, February 1, 2008 ~ Great Northern Hotel
Approved for 6.5 CLE for attorneys by the State Bar of Montana
This exciting event will explore a historical perspective on the Tenth Amendment, and its effect and influence on America today. Featuring Clay Jenkinson as President Jefferson and Mark Greenough as Chief Justice Marshall.
February 2-5, 2008: HCTV airings of HEF Issues Institute, The 10th Amendment: Do States Still Matter? and presentation by Clay Jenkinson, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams (more info and recommended books).
HCTV will be airing pieces from the Helena Education Foundation’s Issues Institute, The 10th Amendment: Do States Still Matter? and Clay Jenkinson’s presentation on Thomas Jefferson and John Adams on channel 11 at the following times:
- Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-5pm
- Sunday, February 3rd from 6pm-8pm
- Monday, February 4th from 10am-12 noon
- Tuesday, February 5th from 10pm-12 midnight
More telecasts will be aired later this month on Channel 19 (TVMT) Thanks to Steve Maly and HCTV for filming these presentations!
Books recommended by Clay Jenkinson:
- Passionate Sage: The Character and Legacy of John Adams by Joseph J. Ellis
- American Sphynx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson by Joseph J. Ellis
- The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The Complete Correspondence Between Thomas Jefferson and Abigail and John Adams By John Adams and Lester J. Cappon
- John Adams biography by David McCullough
- Thomas Jefferson: The Man of Light by Clay Jenkinson
- The Bill of Rights and Beyond: Thomas Jefferson’s Perspective by Clay Jenkinson
Thank you, Clay, for enriching Helena’s culture for the past five years as the Helena Education Foundation’s visiting humanities scholar!
For more information about Clay Jenkinson, visit his website at: