What is the Great Ideas Grant Program?
Great educators make great schools. The Helena Education Foundation supports Helena’s educators by providing grants that bring their great ideas to life. Every school has a budget, but our Great Ideas Grants assist educators in achieving educational goals that go beyond that which is already provided. Great Ideas Grants fund innovative classroom and out-of-classroom projects, providing enriching educational opportunities and experiences to all students. Participate in a brief after-school workshop to learn about the Great Ideas Grants application process, or click the button below and review the PowerPoint slides.
The Great Ideas Grant Program is a cornerstone of The Helena Education Foundation’s mission to enrich education in the Helena Public
- supporting and encouraging teachers to infuse new elements of creativity into their classroom;
- helping teachers extend student learning beyond the limitations of textbooks;
- encouraging teachers to strengthen ties between the classroom, other teachers, parents, students and the larger community;
- providing funds for projects to enhance student learning that would otherwise not be possible within the District budget or with any other funding source.
We’re happy to help. If you have questions about the process attend one of our scheduled workshops, view the PowerPoint presentation. If you are unable to attend a workshop, feel free to contact us at any time. We can be reached by phone (443-2545) or contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
Is Your Grant Request Under $500?
Check out our Mini Great Ideas Grants.
Wednesday, September 8, 2021 (Fall cycle)
Wednesday, January 5, 2022 (Spring cycle)
Workshops typically take place at the May Butler Center, 55 S. Rodney St. and last approximately 1/2 hour
2021/2022 Application Deadlines
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Please submit your grant summary, narrative and budget in MSWord format.
Samples of Successful Applications
- Working Together to Make Us Better
- Music Ace Maestro
- Bring your A game to work!
- Designing a Medical Innovation
- Mind Fullness
- Reaping Rewards Through Robots
Already Received a Grant?
- Download the grant evaluation form (Word)
- Receipt/Payment Form
- Please carefully read the instructions below to learn how to access your funds.
Purchasing through Helena School District Procedure: You may access funds through expense reimbursement or by purchasing materials through the Helena School District (HSD). To purchase materials through HSD:
- Obtain a purchase order number from your school’s office staff and order items as approved on your grant budget
- Scan (or photograph) all invoices, receipts and purchasing requests and email them to Tammy Harbour ([email protected])
- Tammy will complete the reimbursement form and submit to HEF for approval along with corresponding documentation.
If you use your own funds to make a purchase, You may request reimbursement:
- Turn the original receipt into your school’s office and scan/email copy of receipt to Tammy Harbour.
- Tammy will complete the HEF Reimbursement Form and submit to HEF (Lisa Cordingley) along with corresponding documentation (receipts) for approval.
- Upon approval, Tammy will notify school’s office that the expenditure is approved and a Direct Pay may be submitted to the Business Office for reimbursement.
Completed forms may be e-mailed or mailed to the Helena Education Foundation, P.O. Box 792, Helena, MT 59624.